ELT has a job market that is perhaps in flux more than other industries. Different areas become ‘hot’ areas to teach in and then cool down. It makes sense then that English language teachers frequently have their minds on their careers and their careers on their minds.
This chat will be an opportunity for teachers to discuss their career plans. Some suggested questions are:
- What changes in the job market have you seen in your time as a teacher?
- What do you predict for the future of ELT in Korea? What about elsewhere?
- How long do you plan on staying in ELT?
- Do you think that ELT could provide a lifelong career for you should you want one?
- If you were going to do something else, what would you do?
- What other career options are there where the skills and knowledge of an English language teacher would be put to good use?
- Do you know anyone who successfully made the transition out of ELT into doing something else?
These questions will form the basis of this hour-long chat, though of course you are welcome to bring your own questions and explore any tangential topics.
If you’re new to #KELTChat, there are guides to getting started above, or feel free to ask for help on the Facebook group.
See you on Sunday!