With a squeal of tires and a puff of oil smoke, #keltchat skids back on to the information superhighway with a (new nomclemature alert!) Medium Burn™. This will be very similar to our usual Tuesday Slowburn™ chats, but half the length. As usual it takes place on Twitter, but this time from 12-6 pm only. Here is a link on the timings for those not in Korea, as the times listed are Korea standard time.
The topic for this chat is an old chestnut, but one worth roasting again at this cold time of year. We’ve discussed technology before, but this time we are focusing on stuff that we are already using in or out of our classrooms. It might be worth defining technology here fairly openly as anything that requires electricity to run. Things we’d like to know when you join the chat are:
- What technology do you currently use in the course of your teaching?
- Why did you choose to use it?
- What kind of benefits does it bring?
- Do you ever have any problems with it?
- What advice would you give to a teacher who is thinking about using it?
- Have your students given you any feedback about it?
- Are there any reasons why a teacher wouldn’t want to use it?
We hope that you can join us for some or all of the chat. If you’d like to participate but you’re not sure how, there are a number of guides linked at the top of the page, or feel free to leave a message on the Facebook group. We hope to see you on Tuesday.