Apologies for the lack of #KELTChat Twitter chat action recently. This was largely due to the fact that #KELTChat folks have been out and about in the real world doing some live #KELTChat sessions. One of these sessions was at the KOTESOL International Conference at COEX on the 10th and 11th October. This conference is also the subject of Tuesday’s chat. We’d like to know if you went, what you saw, what you learned and how you felt about it all. If you didn’t go, this chat might also be a good place to catch up on anything that you missed, and to share any other recent conference going experiences.
This chat is a Slowburn chat, meaning that it takes place over a much longer time than regular Twitter chats. We hope people will dip in and out of the chat throughout the day as their schedules allow; we don’t expect anyone to be involved for the whole 7 hours.
Some general questions to consider:
- What were some of the sessions that you enjoyed?
- What are the three most important things that you learned?
- Did you do anything different the following Monday?
- What other aspects of the conference (aside from the sessions) did you enjoy?
- What would you say to someone attending the conference for the first time?
- Do you feel different about conference going as you get more experienced?
- What are good ways to get to know other teachers at conferences?
- What makes a good session in general?
- If you presented, what advice would you give to future presenters?
We hope to see you in the chat on Tuesday.