Two weeks have passed since the last #keltchat on taboo topics (summary coming very soon), and now it’s time to move on to pastures new. The winner of this weeks poll was “Avoiding Teacher Burnout”, and we’ll be discussing this at 8pm on Sunday.
Some things that you might like to think about before the chat:
- What does “burnout” mean to you? What happens when teachers burn out?
- What are your experiences with burning out?
- What causes burnout?
- How might we go about avoiding it?
- What strategies can we use if we start to feel burnt out?
- What advice would you give if someone told you they were feeling burnt out?
It’s perhaps worth mentioning that these questions are simply a guideline, and my interpretation of the topic. We will be happy to discuss anything related to teacher burnout, tiredness, or otherwise not coping well. It would be very nice to hear some positive stories on this topic too. I feel that we might need them! :)
If you’re new to Twitter chatting and aren’t sure quite how it works, check out this handy guide or this one. If you have no idea what #KELTChat is, have a look here or here. You can also contact us through Twitter (@breathyvowel, @JosetteLB, @michaelegriffin, @alexswalsh, @annehendler, @johnpfordresher) or on our Facebook page.